resize images when uploading

Guest Mark Reed

Guest Mark Reed

How can I get the category images to be set at a specific px height when uploading them? I am trying to not have to tell the client that will use the cart that they have to size it in photoshop first... I want it to create the image for the category at 60px tall. Can this be done?

Guest degsey69

I actually resize them in photoshop.

If you look say at my store and click onto hardware catergory, I have all the sub cats in images, if you right click and look at the properties it will give the optimum size to use for the catergories image size.

This is important to get the right balance of the image to the site.

Degsey :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BuymyJewelry

There are small programs that can actually batch resize the images for you very fast, i use one to perform this task */*

what program do you recommend? I need to do this as well.

There are small programs that can actually batch resize the images for you very fast, i use one to perform this task */*

what program do you recommend? I need to do this as well.

Photoshop can do it. Adobe's less expensive program, "Image Ready" may also do it - I haven't looked.

Also, take a look a Picasa2, the free image management and manipulation tool from Google. I don't recall if it allows for resizing but it may. If nothing else, it does an excellent job of managing the many photos I have in some very out-of-the-way folders. Put's all in one easily navigated inetface.

But keep in mind that it's not sufficient to just resize dimensions. File size directly affects download time. PS and Image Ready each include excellent tools for optimizing files for the web.

Guest BuymyJewelry

yes i know. */* i need something that do a bulk resize. make them all the same or almost the same. im shocked NO one made a mod for this over at .org