Hand holding please......

Guest hedgehog

Guest hedgehog

I have installed Cubecart through Fantastico and i now wish to change the header but i cant find were the files are located for me to change it. the software is installed on my hosting company server and i dont know were to look >///???

Chris

I have installed Cubecart through Fantastico and i now wish to change the header but i cant find were the files are located for me to change it. the software is installed on my hosting company server and i dont know were to look >///???

Chris

There's a wealth of guidance already here in these forums if you will use the search tool.

Also, click on the word "support" at the top of this page and then watch the animated, step-by-step tutorials.

You will need a few tools to edit the files. My toolset includes . . .

Photoshop to manipulate images, change their sizes, improve their look and, most important of all, reduce their download time. Maybe someone can suggest a free or less expensive program for you.

WS_FTP - a file transfer protocol program for move files to and from the server so you can edit them on your local computer and then upload them to the server so the revised files can be seen. There's a free thirty day trial version and my own experience is that paying for it is worth the cost. But there are many free FTP programs such as

PHPdesigner - a free file-editing tool. After you install it, assuming you are running a Windows computer, go to MyComputer > Tools > Folder Options > File Types and associate the following extensions with the PHP editor - PHP, TPL, JS and CSS.

While you are there, if you have not already corrected Microsoft's outrageously stupid default setting that hides extensions, unclick the box next to Views > Hide Extensions for known file types. I have never been able to understand the mentality of whoever controls that default setting. Either they don't trust the intelligence of users or they don't realize how important it is to know what type of a file you are dealing with, and the prime source of that information is the extension.

Finally, before you ask how to do something as basic as edit the header, it's a reasonable assumption that it's been asked and answered often. Read the "pinned topics" at the head of each forum. For example, if you read the topics at the top of this very forum "General Support," just a short scroll up from where you began, you'll find almost everything a new user encounters has been answered in detail.

Like wise, in the Skinning forum there a perfectly lucid, step-by-step explanation of all the main issues leading to a customized CubeCart. It's called, quite correctly, "READ THIS BEFORE POSTING TO THIS FORUM!"

Good advice.

Good luck with Cube Cart. There's a lot of first class help here but you first must help yourself.