Step 3 1045: Access denied for user: ERROR

Guest recan1230

Guest recan1230

:( ( Hello Members, Earlier today I upgraded to 3.0.11 and I am in the process of completing steps 1-5. I am stuck on step #3 in the cubecart installation process Step 3 - Build Config File & Install Database Tables. When I fill it the requires lines and go to the bottom and click on to step #4, I get the results listed below

1045: Access denied for user: 'designe2@localhost@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I have read multiple posts on this subject and I was wondering if anyone can put it in lame terms directions for me. I just recently started learning PHP and not a guru yet. Can someone please assist me. I am pretty frustrated and have been trying to fix this for the past 8 hours today. I really apreciate it.

While waiting for a reply to my post in the meantime I am trying to figure this out on my own. I redid step #3 and when I clicked to go to step 4 error information popped up on my browser it says

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server. I deleted the files that were in the upgrade folder such as scripts and I continue to get this response. How can I solve ths issue? Richard

The password issue is a wrong database password.
Sometimes it is. Sometimes it's because the final step of creating the Db and creating a Db User *AND* installing a Db User has not been completed. The problem is not the CC install program but lousy interface design in various servers' control panels, such as cPanel. It's easy to miss the essential last step in setting up a Db. When you do, it will produce that error message.

See my own tutorial on this at:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....ost&p=90491

I hear you that you've tried a search but if you had used the keyword "step 3" it wou;ld have come up in the search results.

• 10 months later...
Guest saldridge60

Hey JersyJoe,

I have tried your own tutoriall ink below, error 404 Not found, really stuck at the moment with the database hookup and getting the same issue as recan 1230, really need some help before I throw my poor laptop at something!!!! ahhh!!!!! :)