User manual?

Guest infoseeker

Guest infoseeker

I have just installed CubeCart and it says I have sucessfully installed it. This is great but now how do I add items/product images/descriptions/prices? I can find nothing that indicates how to do this after installation. I guess I am overlooking something.

Thanks.

Guest infoseeker

The Tutorial seems to start out at STORE CONFIG - General Settings. I need to find out how to get to this point. It seems the TUTORIAL skips the first section 'NAVAGATION' with sub-headings of Admin Home and Store Home. How do I get to Admin Home and Store Home? Did I miss that lesson?

Since I'm not getting anywhere I'll just delete everything and re-install :)
That won't get you what you need - hmmm, but wait - actually it might. At installation the system will tell you the URL that opens the Administrative Control Panel (ACP). The location of that info depends on which method you used to install CC.

If you install via cPanel > Fantastico, that information is in the Overview - and you would have been given the option to send yourself an email with the ACP logon details, including the URL, user name, password, etc.

If you do a manual intsallation by uploading the files to your server via FTP and then use the CC Installation system, the login link is given to you at the final step but you are expected to either know or have written down the login you created a few seconds earlier in the previous installation step.

Anyway, go to the URL www.yourdomain.com/admin.

You will be prompted for the user name and password you created at installation. If you have forgotten the pw, the system will send you one at the email address you used at intsallation. You then may change either in the ACP > Administration link at the foot of the menu.

Hope that helps.

Guest infoseeker

Since I'm not getting anywhere I'll just delete everything and re-install :)

That won't get you what you need - hmmm, but wait - actually it might. At installation the system will tell you the URL that opens the Administrative Control Panel (ACP). The location of that info depends on which method you used to install CC.

If you install via cPanel > Fantastico, that information is in the Overview - and you would have been given the option to send yourself an email with the ACP logon details, including the URL, user name, password, etc.

If you do a manual intsallation by uploading the files to your server via FTP and then use the CC Installation system, the login link is given to you at the final step but you are expected to either know or have written down the login you created a few seconds earlier in the previous installation step.

Anyway, go to the URL www.yourdomain.com/admin.

You will be prompted for the user name and password you created at installation. If you have forgotten the pw, the system will send you one at the email address you used at intsallation. You then may change either in the ACP > Administration link at the foot of the menu.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Jerseyjoe. I re-installed and all is good now. I couldn't get to the Admin log on so something must have messed up during FTP of the original install. Anyway, working now so thanks again.

Infoseeker