I been rackin my brains (PAYPAL PROCESSING)

I understand Cube Cart and i understand the business features of Paypal. but im having some serious head injuries here trying to get this one working.

I have a client who needs his CC site setup to accpet payments through PAYPAL.

He actually wanted to process orders manualy but i discussed that the C-Card info would then be too volitile online and most people wont bother completing orders unless they see HTTPS: in the browser.

So moving on...................

How do i setup C-Cart to use PAYPAL for order processing

and NOT in the form of using the paypal cart buttons where you need to make a new button for EACH item or set of items.

This is for an online record store.

i really cant tell what im missing now

thanks ansuk i noticed the different paypal gateways but

as i looked through the requirements of paypal and even spoke to a technician at paypal

the only CUBE(something) that is compatable with PAYPAL

is not cube Cart

its Cube Store

is that information incorrect and i was just speaking to someone who wasnt too knowledgable?

Because if its fully compatable, i can finish setting him up tonight.

[qoute]With approximately over a million shops currently using CubeCart i think its safe to say i am not the only one [/qoute]

hahah thanks ansuk

now im just trying to find the dam links and info for getting the correct paypal account setup

im in merchant services but its kinda dead space from there.

Shows a lot of info and descritions but........ where the hell is the link called

"Click here to sign up for a Premier or Businesss Paypal account"

grrrrrrr

i setup the client paypal account (business account)

and did a TEST purchase but as it goes from the basket and heads towards the PAYPAL screen

i end up with

Welcome to PayPal Developer Central

Please log in to bla bla bla your develoer central account.

...so whats going to happen here? how are the customers going to be able to manage that one?

Also again the Gateway is setup in TEST mode

not that this has to do with it but

i have not been getting any notices from this site to my email address

i looked at my CPanel here and the correct address is in my profile

yet i get nothing (Instant notice is turned on)

Guest Corpcon

PayPal is already integrated in to CubeCart. You simply need to choose IPN or Standard from the Gateway list in your CC Admin and imput the relevant details. There is an excellent tutorial available for download at our sister site cubecart.org which should help you :rolleyes:

I've searched there and can't find any tutorial.

For some reason, when I go through the PayPal process, even though I've setup my Sandbox as a verified business account, it still asks for name and password. I don't understand why, since PayPal says this isn't necessary.

Also, when I enter a user name and password and click 'Continue' I get a screen that says ...

"We are sorry, we are experiencing temporary difficulties. Please try again later. If this error occurred while making a payment, avoid duplicate payments by checking your Account Overview before resending a payment.

Message 3005"

Guest Corpcon

I have just got to say, this is the bestest forum I have ever experienced!!! I mean ... My goodness! ... Every time I need to find out something - I can get an answer PDQ. Both this forum, and the .org forum as well, are just brimming with useful information and resources. And the moderators ... MAN!

Thank you everyone ... very much ... for all your assistance, and the effort you have put into enhancing this rather cool product. */*

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rebeccalea

ansuk: hi andi,

I'm jumping in here with this question, hoping you will see it.

PayPal IPN is working and the customer order never showed failed....

BUT, after you pick your choice in the drop down cart for shipping and continue to PayPal to pay; then the chosen shipping disappears in the secure payment area and the test customer got the item without USPS shipping charges....

Any clue what happened and what subject is this problem?

Thanks, rl