layout.css query! (Auto page-width)

Guest Tomster

Guest Tomster

Hi I'm racking my brian trying to figure out how to get the middle column to automatically fill the gap between the 2 side columns nicely. I'm modifying the Classic skin... (layout.css) CSS is:

.colMid {

position: relative;

width: 100%;

float: left;

}

I have tried:

.colMid {

position: relative;

width: relative;

float: left;

}

Which aligns the box to the right of the left column in IE but makes a 100% width box under the left column and the right column on the right underneath in FireFox!

I have also tried putting left: and right: values in there with mixed results. None of them good! Please help I'm no CSS expert!

View relative results here: http://www.deckhedz.com/store

Guest Tomster

Thanks for the quick replies! I tried looking at the killer skins layout but I think it must do it with HTML as I couldn't really find any CSS that looked the part!?? Would the only way be to edit the HTML? Surely there's a CSS way?

I tried giving it a fixed width which works fine but doesn't help with the auto-resize thing unfortunately.

Also Copyright should be on? I haven't done anything to remove it, text is probably still black as I haven't got round to changing all the text colours yet, just replaced images and changing layout CSS! :w00t:

Thanks

Guest vrakas

Roban is right, if you get tyred trying to make it work, there is one ready to use in the .org forum :w00t:

You do have a point that you are just changing things but when you are finished, dont forget to make also those changes :)

Keep up the good work :)