Are there FCK editor alternatives

jerseyjoe

I really don't like the opening/closing text entry window in the current version of FCK editor. It's one of those "improvements" that spoils what previously was an easy to use tool.

What is FCK thinking?

It's bad enough to have a mail slot of an entry field in the first place - and then to have to shut the editing window while selecting and applying editing tools is so stupid that I can't imagine how ANYone thinks it an improvement.

So, is there an alternate editor that can replace FCK in CC?

If so, what's involved in replacing?

TIA

Guest GGROUPMEDIA

Hi jerseyjoe,

I found this a pain too, and its worse in some browsers than others. I think you shouldn't need to do the opening and closing, its just the fact the input field is the wrong size.

I could give you instructions here, but its already on the forum, so heres the link:

changing editor window size

I now have the problem that its started to crash explorer but not found any help on that yet.

Colin

PS. I still see no reason why they put it in though. More code=stupid if its not useful.

Guest vrakas

@GGROUPMEDIA

We knew of FF crashing after being updated but i didnt know that IE does this also :)

In any case here is a link (look towards the end of the post) for a solution on how to prevent crashing with FF, maybe it will help you with IE also :(

Guest GGROUPMEDIA

Cheers vrakas,

I updated but then noticed I couldn't paste in the text area (it was disabled - greyed out).

Now I have it working but unfortunately didn't take much notice of order I did this in, so it may or may not help other users suffering from similar problem.

I firstly added my site to my trusted zone, this didn't work but I only refreshed, maybe should have closed browser and re-opened.

Secondly, I checked that in the trusted zone, pasting was allowed, it was. So I closed browser, re-opened and it now works.

Thanks for your help, hope this may also help others.

Colin