extra content pages

Guest thelavenderpot

Guest thelavenderpot

Just wondering if anyone can offer some advice.

I have a garden decor store and would like to allow registered users to submit articles and photos about their gardens to generate more interest. What is the best way for me to add pages for the articles so the pages look like the rest of my store? I could use site docs but I think there will be too many (at least I hope there will).

Any suggestions?

Linda

Guest vrakas

You can try with this question in the .org forum also ;)

If i could not integrate it in to CC, i would use a 3rd party program and then under documents create one that will have links to the submitted posts for gardens :)

In the .org forum is also a testimonials that you could use and make these links to the program again.

I guess there could be a few ways in doing this :(

Hope i gave you some ideas to help you proceed :(

allow registered users to submit articles and photos about their gardens to generate more interest.
I doubt that anything in CC itself would satisfy that. For one thing, the same username / password that allows any access to Site Docs in CC will allow access to everything - and, to quote Jerry Seinfeld, no good can come of that.

But there are ways you can accomplish it while retaining CC.

You could build your web site using a Content Mangement System (CMS) such as Joomla (http://joomla.org/) or one of its Open Source Software (OSS) alternatives. Joomla can be configured with forums, blogs and photo galleries that allow for orderly contributions by visitors to whom you grant access who register and whom you oversee with moderator controls. There also is a shopping cart created specifically to work within Joomla but, in my experience, it is pretty pathetic in terms of essential features that make CC shine.

While I have never seen a CubeCart store integrated into Joomla, I'm confident that one of the experts at CubeCart.Org could do that.

Another way would be choose individual components (blog, gallery, etc.) - also widely available as OSS. You could install your cart in the primary folder on the hosting server and create subdomains for each of the components (blog.mydomain.com or gallery.mydomain.com, etc.) with links between them in the respective menus. One drawback to the subdomain approach is that users would have to register an account at each of the components - and you'd have to make sure that your hosting package allowed for the required database that each needs

One major advantage of a CMS is that a user needs only a single registration for access to all components.

But as Vrakas correctly advises you, someone in cubecart.org may help you for a modest fee.

Hope that helps.