Tale of two servers

Guest jacqui00

Guest jacqui00

First of all I would like to thank everyone who helped me solve my last problem. Thanks to you guys who posted and emailed i got my problem fixed and now have started generating sales.

Again....

Thank You

I do, however, have a question about servers.

My website (lets call it server 1) is selling downloads but i find myself running short of space. I could buy some more storage space but I also have a different website with plenty of space going to waste (lets call this server 2). Can i run my webstore off of server 1 and when they pay and transaction is completed instead of being directed to server 1 they get sent to server 2 for download of product.

I am not using the server path and am instead using a section located inside the public_html section with an index page to protect other files.

this would free alot of cash for me and as a startup every penny helps.

Thank you for your help in advance.

Guest EverythingWeb

I dont *believe* this can be done 'easily' but I am sure with a bit of jiggery-pokery it could be done.

The alternative is surely just upgrade your server1 hosting, or move it to server2 hosting?

Or would you rather not...?

Guest jacqui00

I dont *believe* this can be done 'easily' but I am sure with a bit of jiggery-pokery it could be done.

The alternative is surely just upgrade your server1 hosting, or move it to server2 hosting?

Or would you rather not...?

same company does both.

if i cant go back and forth then i guess i have to spend the money.

sigh....so much wasted space!

Guest jacqui00

There is one way of doing it....

Rather than use a server root path or even one within public_html, in the product on server1 simply add the url like this:

http://www.server2.com/filename.rar

It will be a bit insecure, but feel free to try it.

thats what i was wondering....if it would work.

ok....now that i have this answer i guess i will go ahead and give it the old test charge.

Thanks again to all.