Problem while trying to edit homepage document

Guest rickyray

Guest rickyray

I'm encountering the problem where I cannot edit my homepage document. As soon as I type stuff into the rich text editor, then I hit update, the 'Welcome to CubeCart

Congratulations. You have successfully installed CubeCart.'

still remains. All my other site documents such as 'about us' contact us', privacy policy, etc are all working and when I make changes to them and hit save, they work fine.

Anyone know why my homage page document isn't editable?

Guest rickyray

Sorry for posting this guys, I guess I found the answer right here on the forum. Another person had the same problem and they set the file permissions to 777 on the file, en/home.php or similar filename and i also did the same, solved my problem.

Is setting 777 to this file a safe thing to do?

Not quite.

If we are talking about the same mod at .org, it simply removes the need to have to go and chmod the home.inc.php file manually as this operation is handled via a script.

The "homepage content" is still stored in the flat file rather than the database like sitedocs are.

• 2 weeks later...

I use Cube Cart for several months already.

Never had a problem with edition Homepage or SiteDocuments.

Starting today, I can not edit anything. I get such response:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin/docs/home.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I checked file permisions, all three php files in that folder have 755 setting (so, they are allowed to be edited by me).

Why it stopped working suddenly? Could it be caused by web-site host provider (some kind of update they may had recently)?