Let documents appear in Main-Frame

Guest ChOpSueY!

Guest ChOpSueY!

Hallo, im new at cubecart and i tryed the forum search since 1 hour now and i cant find a solution to my problem (or maybe i dont understand english that good, im german ;):D)

I have created a new Box at the right to my killer skin, where i have added some link like "About us". I changed the idex.tpl for this. Now i want that the content of my documents to be shown in the main frame of my page. But whenever i click the link it opens a new window? What do i have to add at the link

<a href="http://www.baulaser-hein.de/wirueberuns.html">Wir über uns</a><br>

is it that easy like adding TARGET="" ??

can somebody help me?

thankx chop

Hallo, im new at cubecart and i tryed the forum search since 1 hour now and i cant find a solution to my problem (or maybe i dont understand english that good, im german :unsure::D)

I have created a new Box at the right to my killer skin, where i have added some link like "About us". I changed the idex.tpl for this. Now i want that the content of my documents to be shown in the main frame of my page. But whenever i click the link it opens a new window? What do i have to add at the link

can somebody help me?

thankx chop

If the "main frame" is all between left and right boxes the easiest way is to use Site Documents for.

Guest baulaser-hein

Hallo, im new at cubecart and i tryed the forum search since 1 hour now and i cant find a solution to my problem (or maybe i dont understand english that good, im german ;):D)

can somebody help me?

thankx chop

If the "main frame" is all between left and right boxes the easiest way is to use Site Documents for.

what do you mean convict with SiteDocuments? I mean the area where normally the Site Documents at the bottom of the page are displayed....in the middle. Does any frame-name exist for the area so that i can simplay use

<a target "_MAIN" href="http://www.baulaser-hein.de/wirueberuns.html">Wir über uns</a><br>

or

<a target "_MIDDLE" href="http://www.baulaser-hein.de/wirueberuns.html">Wir über uns</a><br>

or sth similar? Or does it just work with an other solution?

P.S. Dont wonder I have 2 cubecart accaunts :unsure:

Guest baulaser-hein

No ansuk. This is not the problem. I already did the thing with the new box. Look, i got some links on the right in my new created box. When i click now on one of the link, a new windows opens. I dont want that. I want that the content appears in the center of the page, where the products are show. no new window, no same frame, just in the middle.

Guest baulaser-hein

No ansuk. This is not the problem. I already did the thing with the new box. Look, i got some links on the right in my new created box. When i click now on one of the link, a new windows opens. I dont want that. I want that the content appears in the center of the page, where the products are show. no new window, no same frame, just in the middle.

Ah i see, thank you for clearing that up :unsure: Im assuming then you have hand coded the links? If so it should work that your links code should be

<li><a href="http://www.domain.com" title="THETITLE" target="_self">HOME</a></li>

Hope that helps ;)

nope it didnt work. you can check it out at click

the first "Wir über uns" link is your code....still a new window....

Okay, I know what you want to do but am not sure you can do it with div tags? I've done it with iframes & frames, but personally don't know a lot about div tags. You would need to target the colMid div. (For everyone else, he wants his html page to display as sitedocs normally do in the colMid division.)

An option might be experimenting with the sitedoc display. /includes/viewDoc.php is the code that displays the site doc. I don't have a lot of time to figure it out right now, but you obviously know something about php so you might try copying and modifying this file and calling it from the link box you created so that it would display the document in the center column as you want.

Another option (that would be simplier imo) would be putting the pages you want to display that way in as sitedocs and then hand coding your sitedoc links at the bottom of your page instead of letting it pull all the docs there as it normally does. Then just use the same format for the sitedoc links (/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=x) for the links in your box.

Guest ChOpSueY!

well for your first solution i have not enough expierience in php. i can follow the file a bit but i dont have any idea what to do.

your second solution i understand what you mean but cant u exact it a bit for me.

btw.: its strange that nobody else asked how to do this. this mustbe a problem a lot of people would have had.

thankx chop

your second solution i understand what you mean but cant u exact it a bit for me.

Basically, just add a site doc and past your html code into it. You may need to edit it a bit to display the best within the frame - the one you posted seemed a bit wide - might need to change the size of your images, etc. so it looks good.

Then open /siteTemplates/global/index.php and replace {sitedocs} with manually coded links for the ones you want to display there. For example:

<a href=http://www.yourstore.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=1>About Us</a> etc.

You may need to play with the stylesheets a bit to get it to display exactly as you want.

Then put the same link structure in the box you created using the docId number of the pages you want to list there.

This way you can list only the docs you want in the 'normal' location and put links to the ones you want in your special box separately.

I haven't tried this exactly but have done something similar with my categories on a couple of my sites to break it down to "shop by category" "shop by theme" etc for easier navigation.

Guest baulaser-hein

awwww thank you very much. i did not do exactly the same u wrote but i can live with that solution right now. I just used a mod from cubecart.org and saw your (SITE_DOCS) tag. i moved the tag to the list of tags at the right in idex.tpl. now i have the site docs at the right, thats fine too. thankx m8