Integrating Cube Cart into an EPOS system

Guest magicpaul

Has anyone got any experience integrating Cube Cart into an EPOS system?

Can this be done?

That's a great question. I'd love to see it done. I think I could sell more CC projects if I had that to offer, for the appropriate price, as well.

Guest Brivtech

Has anyone got any experience integrating Cube Cart into an EPOS system?

Can this be done?

I suppose you will want to integrate EFTPOS as well, or would you use your CubeCart payment gateway?

Also, what EPOS system hardware are you using at the moment? I'm guessing by your question it may be PC based. Am I also correct in assuming, that apart from the till, you also have a barcode scanner, if so, what software are you using to link it all together? The solution could take the form of a database merge.

• 1 month later...
Guest mashurst

I suppose you will want to integrate EFTPOS as well, or would you use your CubeCart payment gateway?

Also, what EPOS system hardware are you using at the moment? I'm guessing by your question it may be PC based. Am I also correct in assuming, that apart from the till, you also have a barcode scanner, if so, what software are you using to link it all together? The solution could take the form of a database merge.

I'm interested in this too except minus the payment part of it, just the inventory management part of it. The setup I am thinking of would be a usb barcode scanner hooked to a laptop. I am not sure how I would get the barcode scanner to talk to say MS Excel, or even just create a text file from the scans. If I could scan a barcode and have it type the scan into a text file, I think that would be about 99% of what I would need because then I could get the text into sql at that point.

I found a relatively inexpensive barcode printing software that did a very good job of taking my comma delimited sql cubecart inventory dump and making barcodes for all of it. However, I am not sure how I would use a usb interface barcode scanner and a laptop to scan the barcodes. The handheld barcode scanners are relatively cheap also, less than $50US

I saw one device on ebay that had a decoder that you could plug into the barcode scanner and then you plug the decoder into the keyboard port. Then, I assume you scan the barcode and it acts as if you typed the scan with the keyboard. That would automate the keystrokes, but I want to do more than that. I basically want it to add the quantity into the excel file from the sql dump and then I want to run it back into my cubecart sql database.