Server Root Paths

Guest mook25

Guest mook25

Ok firstly let me apologise for being blonde at this moment in time!

I've got a cubecart store and have been advised to use the server root path for my products rather than the publicly available path.

I've been told that, for an example, it would look like this: /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe

The problem is I'm a bit unsure what I need to change for this to work for me. Is Usr, my cpanel username? Is Local, the ip address of the local host? and what is Vhost? What is supposed to go before /usr?

Guest claude1624

I've got a cubecart store and have been advised to use the server root path for my products rather than the publicly available path.

I've been told that, for an example, it would look like this: /usr/local/vhosts/www.domain.com/downloads/download.exe

The problem is I'm a bit unsure what I need to change for this to work for me. Is Usr, my cpanel username? Is Local, the ip address of the local host? and what is Vhost? What is supposed to go before /usr?

If you are using cPanel, then I believe this is what the path should look like:

/home/cPanelUserName/public_html/DirectoryYourStoreIsIn/downloads/FileName.zip

replace "/cPanelUserName/ " with your cPanel username in between the " / /"

do the same with the "/DirectoryYourStoreIsIn/" if your store is in root, the you will do away with that part.

I have been up all night, so I may not be very clear...

Hope this helps

Guest mook25

do the same with the "/DirectoryYourStoreIsIn/" if your store is in root, the you will do away with that part.

Hope this helps

Thanks for that, all sorted now hopefully, will soon find out when someone tries to purchase something. ;);):blink::D :P

Guest claude1624

Hope this helps

Thanks for that, all sorted now hopefully, will soon find out when someone tries to purchase something. ;);):blink::D:P

You should go through the order process with a test product to make sure all is well...

You don't want any problems once you start getting customers

Problems = no sales...