Identifying multiple item purchases

Guest BSA Andy

Guest BSA Andy

Greetings,

This is a "can CubeCart do this?" type of question.

I run the Website for a Boy Scout Council. We run events like training classes, dinners, and such that have limited slots and have a cost attached to them. The use of a shopping cart will allow particpants to order multiple events and pay with a single credit card transaction (which will save the Council money).

So far, so smooth; the cart will capture the user information we need (name, address, email, etc...). When the particpant gets to the event, we check them off of a list. The eliminates the need for physical tickets and also gives us a way to contact the participant if things change.

Here is the problem. In about 20% of the orders, one person will want to register for several people. For example, a Scout unit training chairperson would want to sign up 5 people for a safety course using the unit's credit card or check. We would want the person registering to be able to assign a different name/address/email to each event purchased. In the case where there is a last-minute substitution of attendees (Bob can't make it that Saturday so Linda will go) we would like the user to be able to change the identification information up to a certain date before the event.

Looking at the demo, I was unable to see if this is possible with the base system. If not, is there an add-on that will allow me to do this? Failing that, I am a reasonable PHP hacker, so pointing me in the right direction to begin to modify the code would be a huge help.

Thank you all in advance...

Andy Otto - Webmaster, Three Fires Council BSA

-*Andy*-

If i was in this situation i will code it myself,

You are known with php, just get it in a database and tell the people that order it in a standard send message from cubecart that thay have to sign the people in who they take with them on http://www.yoursite.com/list

in /list you got an simple (but effective) script doing all the work for you,

They have to sign in who are coming,

that part you store in your database.

Then you put an edit on it (with a login or something like that) and there they can modify the names.

On the last day (or when it is all full-booked) you just echo the database information and print it out.

Then u take the print to the *whatever is going on* and you can check them in ;)