Files downloaded from my store become corrupted

Guest mook25

Guest mook25

Well as my title suggests, when a customer downloads a product from my store the file becomes corrupt. What I mean exactly is that they receive the .zip file but it has nothing in it. I have checked that it isn't the .zip file itself by downloading direct from file manager in cpanel and that works fine. Does anyone know how i can resolve this? :P;):)

TIA

Guest mook25

I seem to remember this asked before, try the search but in the mean time if i come accross it i will post the link here for you ;)

Well I had a look but can't find anything, only thing there was, was someone who had the same problem downloading cubecart upgrade files form cubecart itself. So if there is anyone out there who has any idea to sort this please hollar!!

Thanks

PS. A txt file downloads with the zip file for some reason, don't know what or where it came from but maybe it could help you help me?? This is what it says:

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: readfile() has been disabled for security reasons in <b>/home/mokox82/public_html/download.php</b> on line <b>68</b><br />

Guest Brivtech

"disabled for security reasons".

Something generates that message, but I'm wondering what? Is it CubeCart, or your host?

Until someone else posts up a suggestion, ask your host if they have a security permission set against .ZIP files.

I have a question - Does this ONLY occur with .ZIP files?

Guest mook25

"disabled for security reasons".

Something generates that message, but I'm wondering what? Is it CubeCart, or your host?

Until someone else posts up a suggestion, ask your host if they have a security permission set against .ZIP files.

I have a question - Does this ONLY occur with .ZIP files?

I can download fine direct from cpanel and the.zip is not corrupt, have also just tried a winrar file but that too has the same effect. I've emailed my host but am sure they have no permissions against them as have had no problem before?????

If anybody else has any ideas I'm eager to hear from you. I might even pay if things become desperate!

Guest mook25

Are you sure that your download path is correct? If it is incorrect then one of two things will happen. When you click on the download link it will either download an empty .zip or it will download a file called download.php

Pretty sure yes, had someone looking at it today and they couldn't work it out either??

Are you sure that your download path is correct? If it is incorrect then one of two things will happen. When you click on the download link it will either download an empty .zip or it will download a file called download.php

Pretty sure yes, had someone looking at it today and they couldn't work it out either??

it is downloadin an empty .zip file but as said am pretty sure i have the correct download path. Any chance you could have a look?

Guest mook25

Its not really something we can look at for you because only your hosting provider will know their own setup. For example, my clients are made up of various letters of their domain and various letters of their account name. If their domain was www.domain.com and username was domain it could be:

home/maid/domain.com/html/Downloads/filename.zip

I'll double check with my host. If i post to them what i have as my download link they should be able to tell whether it's correct or not shouldn't they?

Guest mook25

Its not really something we can look at for you because only your hosting provider will know their own setup. For example, my clients are made up of various letters of their domain and various letters of their account name. If their domain was www.domain.com and username was domain it could be:

home/maid/domain.com/html/Downloads/filename.zip

I'll double check with my host. If i post to them what i have as my download link they should be able to tell whether it's correct or not shouldn't they?

They should do :)

Ok thanks, i'll come on back and rack your brains if it is right cos i'll be stumped then. :dizzy:

Woohoo!! Finally i've got my downloads working!! It appears my host had disabled readfile on my system but they have now activated it. Thanks for all your help everyone.