How to get login to redirect to my account?

Guest spanishben

Guest spanishben

Hi,

I would really like the login page to redirect to the My Account page. The reason is that I am using SSL, and on IE when you access the login form from the home page, fill in the details and hit the 'login' button, an annoying message pops up telling people that their info is being passed to an insecure page and may not be secure. The reason is that you are redirected to the homepage which does not use SSL. This will obviously put some people off, so I wanted to send them straight to another secure page to avoid the IE pop up.

The code in question is on line 9 of login.tpl :

<form action="index.php?act=login&amp;redir={VAL_SELF}" target="_self" method="post">

I have tried changing the action url in the line above to https://www.mysite.com/store/index.php?act=account but it still gives me the message and sends me to the homepage.

Does anyone know how I can sort this out? Thanks!

Maybe you should talk to your hosting company about an SSL certificate,

Becouse if you place the login on another part they still keep that message.

Like this:

You got a cellphone and somebody is calling you every 5 minutes.

It doesn't matter if you are in the backgarden, kitchen, basement of on your roof... You keep getting called.

That's the same thing on a website.

If you get an error message you have two options:

1. deal with it

2. fix it

If you contact your hosting company i think they can help you out...

Guest spanishben

It's not an error, the certificate is working fine, that was not my question. It is only internet explorer that throws up an ugly message when you move from one area of the site to another, and I want to find a way around that. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not an error, the certificate is working fine, that was not my question. It is only internet explorer that throws up an ugly message when you move from one area of the site to another, and I want to find a way around that. Anyone have any ideas?
The reason for an ugly message could be you use non SSL URL on SSL pages (images most likely).