Internet Explorer 7 is now out

Microsoft has released Internet Explorer 7 Release Candidate 7 so people will start migrating to it. Having used the beta for a while, there are no major issues with Cubecart breaking in 7, however your design may not look as intended. IE7 is a lot more precise when it comes to css than IE6 was (even more so than Firefox) so things such as line height become important to designate - otherwise parts of your site may "fold" under other parts, etc.

If your site is affected, some places to start is in the height tags specified in your site styles layout.css file. You will probably find increasing the designated height will fix the problems.

Figured we could use this thread also for specific fixes for the issue.

On the bright side, if you get your site looking great in IE7, it will *also* look great in Firefox ;)

Guest Fuzquia

The only problem I seem to have is on a mac?

Does anyone know what you need to do to have your site look good on a mac? Site is fine on windows but seems to break up badly on an apple mac ie and mozilla?

Guest Brivtech

I would like to see the day where browser incompatibility differences in CSS are gone! Lets hope IE7 and firefox do indeed work the same. I heard somewhere that fixes for IE code in styling have been removed (They are no longer allowed). Whether or not that is the case, will need to be determined.

At the end of the day, if you want the best site for your customers, I still think that you have 2 options:

1. Create a multi-browser compatible site (And take into account all the different interpretations that browsers make of the same code, with fixes where possible)

2. Auto-detect the browser, and take the user to that browser-optimised site. Means creating different versions of the same site.

3. (I know I said 2 options, this one is not really an option, more poor programming) - Force all your customers to use 1 particular browser by presenting a message to them when they hit your home page!

Force all your customers to use 1 particular browser by presenting a message to them when they hit your home page!

This reminds me of "optimised for 1024x768" ;)

On the bright side, if you get your site looking great in IE7, it will *also* look great in Firefox :)
This is the main thing I cannot belive in ;)^_^

Force all your customers to use 1 particular browser by presenting a message to them when they hit your home page!

This reminds me of "optimised for 1024x768" :)

:D

• 2 months later...
Guest kaskudoo

well, thing is that if you coded for Firefox so far, it most likely will look great in IE7

be careful when you start messing with code now, it will still take a while until users switch to IE7 ..... and watch when you change some lines, that it still looks good in IE6