Royal Mail

Guest garysmith

Guest garysmith

Hi

I would like to use the Royal Mail shipping option within cubecart but am a bit confused by the zones.

Basically what I am trying to achieve is free shipping within the UK and a flat rate of £6 to the rest of the world.

Can someone give me the benefit of their expertise?

All the best

Gary

Prior to 3.0.12 this worked by setting one zone shipping rate as 10:0 ie free up to 10kg and a different zone for other countries.

3.0.12 has a bug and you can't do this any more

This is NOT a bug. Since 3.0.11 Royal Mail shipping calculation doesnt allow free shipping (Dont know for what).

If you want to use free shipping do use old version (3.0.10) of Royal Mail shipping module file (calc.php) located in modules/shipping/Royal_Mail

Be aware there is a bug in ALL Royal Mail versions. Bug is $i variable in following code:

for($i=0; $i<count($shipBands);$i++){

$wheightCost = explode(":",str_replace(" ","",$shipBands[$i]));

if($totalWeight<=$wheightCost[0]){

$sum = $wheightCost[1]+$module['zone'.$shipZone.'Handling'];

break;

} elseif($totalWeight>$wheightCost[0] && $i+1==$noBands){

$overWeight = TRUE;

}

}

$i must be renamed to something else like $j or $k ..... This has been posted as a bug in the past.

Many users here are using zero shipping for selected destinations when calculating shipping by weight for others. We were advised how to do this in this forum. The fact that it worked in 3.0.10 and there is no reason given for it being removed in 3.0.11 lends weight to the comment that it is a bug.

What changes were made to calc.php in 3.0.11? What is the effect of using 3.0.10 verison of calc.php in a 3.0.12 installation?

Convict - do you work for Devillion? On what authority do you say this is not a bug?