Changing Hosting Services...what do I need to do?

Terry V

Well since my current host (surpass hosting) pretty much sucks when it comes to technical support (no phone support, been trying to figure out an SSL problem for 2 days now) I think i'm moving over to godaddy.

Now my question is what do I need to do to get the store moved over there? Where do I locate the store database? That something you can do in myphpadmin? Other than that do I just need to store directory?

Thanks,

Terry

You'll need to create a blank database at godaddy. Export your current database as a sql file and then import it into the new database in phpMyAdmin. You will need to edit your includes/global.inc file to reflect the new server path, database name, user name and password as well as the rott path to your store.

Create your directory using FTP in your godaddy root or wherever it is going and upload your store. I assume you've backed the whole thing up already.

You'll need to create a blank database at godaddy. Export your current database as a sql file and then import it into the new database in phpMyAdmin. You will need to edit your includes/global.inc file to reflect the new server path, database name, user name and password as well as the rott path to your store.

Create your directory using FTP in your godaddy root or wherever it is going and upload your store. I assume you've backed the whole thing up already.

All that makes sense. I haven't backed anything up yet (gonna give surpass overnight to fix the problem until i ditch them). I'll definately back it up before anything happens and probably won't switch over the nameservers until i get it working.

So basically I do just copy and paste the files after creating the database? If I name the database the same along with the username and password all I'll have to do is update the paths?

Terry