Image download/upload problem........

Guest CaseyC

Tried to move my store to a new URL last night. Everything went ok, except when I ran a quick test on the store, I noticed that some of the pics and all of the thumbs were missing. I had previously downloaded the entire "images" directory from my working store and then uploaded that directory to the new store.

I accessed my new store with my FTP program (FileZilla) and noticed that only the first 1850 images were in the file. Not only that, but the Thumbs directory was missing. I did the same check on the old store, and the file folder showed only 1850 images and no Thumbs directory. However, on the old store, all thumbnails and images display properly. I repeated the same check with SmartFTP, and had the same results. I do remember when I first installed 3.0.12, the Thumbs directory was in the upload folder. It dissappeared after I uploaded my images.

I then added a new product to the old store and uploaded the image for it. Everything worked as advertised and the thumb was created properly.

Does anyone have an explanation? I am worried about this, because a download of the images folder apparently does not give me the entire contents of the folder but only the first 1850 images which means I have no way to backup my data.

THanks,

Klaus Cook

Houston, Texas USA

www.store.jowestcorp.com