Secure digital media sales

Guest kubicki

I'm thinking of trying Cubecart as a means of selling digital media downloads of music to which I own the copyright. I see in the description of CC that it is possible to do this but I am wondering how it handles the secure delivery of the product so that its location cannot be deduced. I have sourced other products which seem to handle this aspect by sending an email to the buyer with an encrypted link to the file. Has anyone used CC for this purpose or had any experience in this area. Any tips and advice would be welcome.

Guest groovejuice

This is exactly how Cubecart works. An obfuscated link is emailed to the customer, so the download file's location is indecipherable. You should place the download directory at the root level of your server rather than in your HTML folder for additional security. Another good idea is to place an index.htm file into each download folder and subfolder with some type of "you are not authorized" message. That way if someone does navigate to the folder, the directory contents are not visible.

This is exactly how Cubecart works. An obfuscated link is emailed to the customer, so the download file's location is indecipherable. You should place the download directory at the root level of your server rather than in your HTML folder for additional security. Another good idea is to place an index.htm file into each download folder and subfolder with some type of "you are not authorized" message. That way if someone does navigate to the folder, the directory contents are not visible.

Thanks for that. Is there anywhere I can see CC in action being used for sales of digital downloads?

Yes, CubeCart can be used for this :blink:

An email is sent with a link to the file, limits the amount of downloads to as many as you want, but you need to follow the instructions on where you should add your files so they can be secure :sourcerer:

Brivtech's suggestion is a good one, give it a try :)