Icons by categories?

Guest simplyequine

Guest simplyequine

Does anyone know how I can add a small icon next to my categories, instead of the usual bullet point? I've put in a line of code with the image url but it isn't showing. The image is definitely there at the url.

I don't mean a big image that you get when you click on a category that you upload in admin. I mean a small image that appears by the side of each text link on the homepage etc.

Thanks

I myself would be interested in knowing how to do this. The bullets are nice however a small gif or jpg would be nicer and would dress up the sites alot more. Maybe someone can post a link here to a tutorial on this??? I am sure that there are others that would use this as well.

Guest hobwebs

The file you need to add these to is 'categories.tpl'

I can't post the link here but Convict's Expanding Categories Mod has these included and is well worth it. Available from the cubecart.org site.

Check out my homepage to see it in action - I changed the graphics from the ones included with the mod.

http://www.computersplus.co.uk/shop

Ju

All you need to do is alter the CSS for the 'li'

For example:

For all lists...

li {

list-style-image: url(../folder/image.jpg);

}

There are other 'list-style' styles which may require adding to conpensate for the cascading styles. I recommend using a CSS editor which has the styles built in for you to chose from. Makes it so much easier.

• 1 month later...
Guest Mikes Web Dot Org

Thanks for that Robsta, it worked well ;)

Glad to be of help :D

That worked for me too! Thanks. Before I read your post I was using the "Background Image" for li. But you could still see the "black dot" in the apple. The website I am working... my4bittenfruit.com.

Sidebar... Anyone know if PAYPAY Website Pro will support "High Risk" websites?

Webmaster

MWDO