How do you remove a color from a header?

Guest soapcupboard

Guest soapcupboard

Hi, I am having trouble I wanted to change the colors of my site and I have changed all that I could find, now there are a few headers or table headers that are in either tan or burnt orange that I cannot find out how to change, they aren't an option to change. Does that make sense? When the site is loading I can tell that the color I want is underneath them, how do I remove them? Thanks!

Soapcupboard.com

Lori Nunley

[email protected]

Guest soapcupboard

I am not that familiar with layouts and stuff, but what are skins? I have looked in the code and have not found that color # anywhere, that is why I have come here for help. Thanks for your help!

The skins control how your site looks. The file he is talking about is in skins/yourstyle/styleSheets/

There are 3 files there that control all the colors - layout.css, style.css and popup.css. layout or style would be the ones you need to change. Just open in your favorite editor and search for the code he gave you then replace it with whatever you want.

Guest soapcupboard

okay well I found the style.css file and I found the color that I was wanting to change and I went in and replaced it with the color I want and nothing happened. I saved it. and now when I go in to look ,it does still have the one that I changed it to, but that old color is still up on my site. Is there something else I need to do to finalize the change?

Thanks!