intergrate shop with site.

Guest Owain

Hi!

I have recently installed Cubecart on to my server and I am now trying to intergrate the shop in to my new site design i.e. so it looks like its part of the website rather than a seperate site.

I have managed it with my forum but I am unsure where to start with cubecart.

I want the shop to sit below my header.php, my site is still being built but you can view it here link

Can anyone help me or point me in the correct direction....thanks,

Owain.

Guest Brivtech

Can it be done? has anyone tried to do it?

O.

Here's one I prepared earlier!

http://www.balloonsupply.co.uk/

It's all done mainly with tables, rather than DIVs. I've only got into style sheets recently, and when I have more free time than sense, I'll be updating it to thin out the code some.

I'd go by the advice that Hobbs gave. Look for the tutorials,and they'll lead you to the files you need to alter to apply the styling and layout changes.

Simply put, there's a couple of main files for the shop and checkout. Everything else is done through boxes that sit within. All of this is then defined through the relevant style sheets.

It can be done fairly easily by copying the global template into the root and changing the extension and CSS/image paths. Then you can amend the HTML to use it with your new content. Of course you will need to alter the code to allow a smooth flowing menu heirarchy.

It also depends on whether you are using another CMS to merge with CubeCart. I use MODx which allows me to use the same global template (slightly modified for paths and place holders) throughout the whole site with relative ease.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I will look at the tutorials.

I am not using any CMS at the moment, I am in the process of building my own for my site.

Hoping to modify the files soon so I can get the site up and running with the new look :innocent:

O.

There is always the simple option of building the site template around the shop... gives off the illusion the shop is intergrated.

All you do is add the menu or put a few frames here and there and you are done!

There is always the simple option of building the site template around the shop... gives off the illusion the shop is intergrated.

All you do is add the menu or put a few frames here and there and you are done!

I have already designed my site and integrated other things in to it so I will be taking the template option I think.

O.