Cubecart hacked

Guest steveparkes

Guest steveparkes

Hi, I've been running a version of cubecart on my website, and my hosting company sent me an email to say I'd been hacked, and that I must upgrade. They took my shop offline and I tried to run the upgrade script, but it re-installed and wiped my shop. I now have to re modify my shops products, it's look and start from scratch. I now don't have any registered users on the shop, or any previous orders.

I have logged into myphpadmin and the database for my previous install is there, and I've tried to get it to use the database, but I can't seem to manage it. Could anyone help me?

Guest CaseyC

Hi, I've been running a version of cubecart on my website, and my hosting company sent me an email to say I'd been hacked, and that I must upgrade. They took my shop offline and I tried to run the upgrade script, but it re-installed and wiped my shop. I now have to re modify my shops products, it's look and start from scratch. I now don't have any registered users on the shop, or any previous orders.

I have logged into myphpadmin and the database for my previous install is there, and I've tried to get it to use the database, but I can't seem to manage it. Could anyone help me?

I did my "from scratch install" with an existing database. After installing CC I modified global.inc.php to reflect my database info.

You can export your old database as a sql file, drop all the tables in your new database and import the saved file or you can edit the contents of your old database just leaving the insert commands as in this example:

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (1, 'shipping', 'Free_Shipping', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (2, 'gateway', 'Print_Order_Form', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (3, 'shipping', 'Flat_Rate', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (4, 'gateway', 'PayPal', 1, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (5, 'shipping', 'By_Percent', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (6, 'shipping', 'By_Value', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (7, 'shipping', 'Per_Category', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (8, 'gateway', 'StormPay', 1, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (9, 'shipping', 'UPS', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (10, 'shipping', 'USPS', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (11, 'shipping', 'By_Price', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (12, 'shipping', 'Flat_Rate2', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (13, 'shipping', 'Flat_Rate3', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (14, 'gateway', 'Authorize', 1, 1);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (15, 'gateway', 'Authorize_AIM', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (16, 'gateway', 'DirectPayment', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (17, 'gateway', 'ExpressCheckout', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (18, 'shipping', 'Flat_Rate4', 0, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (19, 'shipping', 'To_Zone_By_Subtotal', 1, 0);

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_Modules` VALUES (20, 'shipping', 'Zone_rate', 0, 0);

And import the tables one by one.

Tip: to make your database smaller and more manageable you can delete the Admin session entries.

Guest steveparkes

Cheers all - I'll give both a try..what parts of CC do I need to change to put back my modded shop? I had a different background, logo and documents and products.

Guest steveparkes

Your skins files should be all you'll need plus your language/en/home.inc

Cheers everyone - now got my shop database back online, now to do the skins - THANKS EVERYONE!!

Guest steveparkes

:D my hosting said I was hacked in my includes/orderSuccess file..is there anyway to make sure this doesn't happen again? I've upgraded to version 3.0.12, but my hosting said I should upgrade to 3.0.13 but I can't find that version

:D my hosting said I was hacked in my includes/orderSuccess file..is there anyway to make sure this doesn't happen again? I've upgraded to version 3.0.12, but my hosting said I should upgrade to 3.0.13 but I can't find that version

Mainly because it doesn't exist...yet.

Guest steveparkes

Mainly because it doesn't exist...yet.

I thought not - thanks roban :)