Authorize.net (13) ERROR

Guest apertureboy

Guest apertureboy

Hi,

Im trying to set up CC with Authorize.net but keep getting this error:

*(13) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the

account is inactive.*

I have the correct merchant ID and transaction Key and my account is active...Authorize.net keeps sending me what seem to be automated responses, which are not helpful at all.

The error occurs on this URL

https://certification.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thx

Rob

I use Authorize and find that if you get a wrong merchant id error then you have the wrong merchant id or transaction key (which is what is used as a pasword). Go to your Authorize log in control panel and set a new transaction key.

Guest apertureboy

Hi Roban,

Thanks. I created a new transaction key and it fixed the problem! A question: are u using SIM or AIM? I just set it up with SIM but am not really happy with the look of the default form from Authorize.net - in test mode it just sends me back to my site with a page that says "conformation screen" even though I didnt have all the form info complete (no credit card #!). And no emails were sent

Rob

I use Authorize and find that if you get a wrong merchant id error then you have the wrong merchant id or transaction key (which is what is used as a pasword). Go to your Authorize log in control panel and set a new transaction key.