Concerns

Guest oldsteel68

Guest oldsteel68

I would like to switch my website over to cubecart. But before I do, I have a few questions/concerns that maybe somebody can help me with.

When somebody place's an order, is there a way that all of the info would get sent to a order log so I can process the orders manually? I can not have automatic card processing on my site because of the type of products I am selling. I must first contact the buyer and verify address.

I would also like the buying process to be registration free. Meaning a visitor can browse the site, buy what he wants and checkout without having to register. Instead, they would have a standard order form to fill out that includes the CC# exp date, name and shipping address. I would then be notified of an order by email, log into the order log, and if everything is ok..I would then log directly into my virtual terminal and charge the card.

Can I do this with cubecart ?

I would like to switch my website over to cubecart. But before I do, I have a few questions/concerns that maybe somebody can help me with.

When somebody place's an order, is there a way that all of the info would get sent to a order log so I can process the orders manually? I can not have automatic card processing on my site because of the type of products I am selling. I must first contact the buyer and verify address.

I would also like the buying process to be registration free. Meaning a visitor can browse the site, buy what he wants and checkout without having to register. Instead, they would have a standard order form to fill out that includes the CC# exp date, name and shipping address. I would then be notified of an order by email, log into the order log, and if everything is ok..I would then log directly into my virtual terminal and charge the card.

Can I do this with cubecart ?

There are some mods for most of these things over at cubecart.org site site. I know of one for sure that is paid but it works awsome for manual CC orders. Urls cant be posted here for the commercial mods sites (individually) Head over to the .org site and check em out.

Guest oldsteel68

Ok, i looked into what you said, seems to be what I need. Got another question though..

On an item page, is it possible to have accessories to that item avalable via checkbox or something of the sort? For example.. say someone was ordering an ipod. When they are on the ipod product page, can there be order options to add a case? or a cable? or whatever it may be? I would like to have the option right there rather then them having to go to an accessory catagory to find them.

Ok, i looked into what you said, seems to be what I need. Got another question though..

On an item page, is it possible to have accessories to that item avalable via checkbox or something of the sort? For example.. say someone was ordering an ipod. When they are on the ipod product page, can there be order options to add a case? or a cable? or whatever it may be? I would like to have the option right there rather then them having to go to an accessory catagory to find them.

Sure can;-) Just goto the product options in the admin panel and you will see all the options you can add. I believe they are unlimited but someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Guest oldsteel68

Dont forget that you can download CubeCart and use it for free so why not download it, have a play to see if it does what you want and then you can make a more informed choice :D

yeah ive been playing around with it. But i cant figure out how to make a new block.. or have the products listed on the side with no categories... ?