Pls recommend hosting solutions

Guest BreedImpressions

Guest BreedImpressions

Hi everyone!

Just signed-up today and am thrilled to have found CubeCart! :huh:

Can't wait to download it and start "building" my online store.

But first :D I need a hosting solution right?! :(

Can anyone recommend me a good/inexpensive hosting solution?

T.I.A. for responding! :D

Guest carlijot

OK so I am a newbie too, but I might have a good one for you. My husband has done his website with the same place for several years....he has it set up so my site is on his account....we only pay 29.99 a month

*link removed*

Recomending a hosting solution is not an easy ting to do, because there is many things to consider...

The location where you are from, and the area of your customers.

The money you want to spend on it.

shared hosting or dedicated.

The spesification you are in need of. php, mysql, multi domain option, ssh, ftp, .......

Is this mainly a hobby or is it your main type of work..

If you are located in the UK a server in USA will be slow at times to your customers in UK.

Some hosts give you only one mysql db, one ftp, no subdomains, no addon domain.....

Shared hosting mean that you are on the same server as many others and the server load may vary and slow the server.

Dedicated server is expencive, but it is yours.

Try a search for hosting companyes in you region/country and find one that loads quickly at different times of the day. And check that they have the servers in the same location and not reselling hosting from the other side....

Guest BreedImpressions

Thanks carlijot and arild for your responses!! :D

What you brought up about "location/time", Arild, was something that jumped out at me too (I'm in Asia) when I was browsing/reading some of the threads here. Thank You for all the points you raised! Much appreciated :(

The search continues..... :huh: