removing modules just from home page

Guest elduderino

Guest elduderino

HI there,

I want to change the homepage a little. Basically i want to remove most of the modules such as mailing list, popular products, etc and keep a few others such as featured product. I then want a link through to store where all the modules are back in place.

I cant work out how to do it becuase if you edit index.tpl and remove unwanted boxes then it also removes them from every page....is there any way to get this to work?

I have considered installing the store in a sub-sirectory but then i wont be able to have the boxes such as search, featured product etc on my home page.

Thanks for any suggestions

Guest elduderino

There is a mod on .org which allows a different global template to be used for the homepage. It sounds like exactly what you're looking for. Look in the free mods section.

HI Robsta,

Thanks for the reply. Yes that sounds like what i need.....ive looked....is it called homepage categories posted by markscarts. The description of the mod isnt clear to and i cant tell if its the right one or not!