Transfer of Cubecart from one server to another

Guest Tazmania

Guest Tazmania

Hi

I created a cubecart database a few years ago. We have changed the hosting compnay for the website and I need to transfer the database over. I kept all the files but am having trouble installing it. I noticed that when I tried to setup a new one to transfer the old data into it, that is a new version of cubecart, will this have any effect. I did purchase the licencse for cubecart.

Anyone know how I go about doing this. I really would like to avoid recreating the whole database.

Thanks,

Tazmania

You shouldn't have to recreate the database but you will have to run the upgrade scripts on the new database. I suggest you create an empty database and import your original exported database into it. Next run the upgrade scripts. You don't mention what version the original one was but when you say "a few years ago" I can assume (making an ass of u and me) that you might be back at version 3.0.6 or earlier. If you have version 2 then that's another story and there is a service for upgrading.

After you've upgraded your database to be compliant with the latest version you can upload the new files with the exception of includes/global.inc, language/en/home.inc and your skin directory (you can make upgrades to skins later if you wish). Of course if you have any mods they will be lost and you'll have to install them again and some like the SEF mod will not be compatible.