No charge for shipping?

Guest big jonny

Guest big jonny

I’ve got no idea on this one. Some customers are charged shipping, others are not. I’ve inquired with a customer who paid no shipping on an order he placed this afternoon, and he told me the drop down menu for shipping choices was blank. So he just clicked on through, paid via paypal for the price of the merchandise and that was that.

His order came to me with no shipping method listed and $0.00 for a shipping charge.

I’ve logged in with a user account I created when I set up the store and I had a blank drop down the first time, and then choices for shipping the second time. This was today. I have no idea what’s going on.

I have orders that came in today, some people paid shipping, and some did not. I have two international orders (one to France, one to England) where neither customer paid anything. When you’re sending a t-shirt to France, you’re going to pay for shipping than you make in profit on the item.

I have selected only USPS for shipping, and with that I have enabled Express, First Class and Priority Mail.

I just can’t understand how a customer can put through an order without either selecting a shipping option or being charged anything. How can they not be asked to select a shipping option?

I wonder if a solution would be do just charge a flat rate for shipping and handling and ship everything First Class domestically and Global Priority internationally?

Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am running Cube Cart version 3.0.8 w/ no mods.

Thank you.

jonny

Guest big jonny

But that fix doesn’t exactly “fix” everything. If you go with a flat rate, you’d have to split the difference between domestic mailings that could be $1.33 or $2.89 or $4.05 and international flat rate priority at $9.60.

If you ask for $10 bucks for all shipments, you’re absolutely handing it to the domestic customers. And you’re barely making it worth your while for the internationals.

Not to mention you’ve limited to one pound with priority, so what in the world do you do when someone buys merchandise totaling out at 1 lb 3 oz?

Just eat it? I’ve send stuff overseas that ran as high as $25 bucks. It I take ten $ up front, I’ll get clobbered on the back end.

What gives? Anyone got a fix? What do I need to change on my shipping to correct this issue? Why, or how, are people placing orders without selecting a shipping option?

Guest big jonny

Status update: I disabled all shipping optoins save USPS First Class.

And guess what? Orders are still coming in with no shipping selection or charge.

Anyone got an answer for this? I'm not trying to build a rocketship. I'm trying to sell t-shirts.

Guest SwishEmporium

I know it is not ideal but might help to some extent.

Why not set up shipping by weight and desiginate a flat charge per country, that way you can distinguish between domestic and overseas and then send it the cheapest possible way at your end.