Is is possible to restore my database from yahoo's snapshot!

Guest marline

Guest marline

When I up graded to 3.0.13, I lost my store inventory and everything else, is it possible to restore it from my servers snapshots, and if it is possible what file do I look for?

Guest marline

You did back up your database before upgrading, didn't you?

Well yes and no! I thought that when you added items to your store, info etc., that it was saved in the cube cart program, I do have a backup of my store ( the stuff I ftp over), but not the data bases stored in MySQL, I thought it was all stored in the program stuff.

But Yahoo does have the snap shots of my files, do your think I can maybe find it there and what should I look for?

yahoo may have a snapshot on how your web page look like, but not your data set. You should ask your hosting provider if they have any backups of your database and maybe have them to restore it or dump it to a sql file for you.

Guest marline

yahoo may have a snapshot on how your web page look like, but not your data set. You should ask your hosting provider if they have any backups of your database and maybe have them to restore it or dump it to a sql file for you.

The snapshot feature does have a restore, but I'm not sure what file I need to look for, I emailed yahoo a few days ago and they have not gotten back to me.

They take a snapshot every 4 hours and I can restore daily or weekly, they have up to I think 4 weeks of snapshots.

Do you know what file I need to look for?

My time is running out, I make the changes on the 20th so the days are counting down.

Thank you,

marline

I dont know the snapshot service from yahoo, but what i expecting it to be is a snapshot of how the website is looking at that time. Maybe you have a link to this service from yahoo so it would be better to understand...

Guest groovejuice

Have a look in your databases and see if you have more than one. If you upgraded properly your original db should be accessible. If you did a from scratch install, you possibly may have an old CC db and a new one. In the future Marline, you must regularly back your DB up, not just your store files.

Guest marline

Have a look in your databases and see if you have more than one. If you upgraded properly your original db should be accessible. If you did a from scratch install, you possibly may have an old CC db and a new one. In the future Marline, you must regularly back your DB up, not just your store files.

This is what the snapshots backup says:

Restoring Files from Snapshots

Snapshots are a convenient way to back up and restore your files without using up disk space. Snapshots are activated automatically -- you don't need to set up anything.

To get started, select a date and time from the column at left.

Important Information About Snapshots

There are three types of snapshots: weekly, nightly, and hourly. Hourly snapshots are taken at 4am, 8am, 12 noon, 4pm, and 8pm PT (Pacific Standard Time). Nightly snapshots are taken at 12 midnight, and weekly snapshots at midnight Sunday PT.

All times are shown in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) so they will concur with time stamps in File Manager. Note that the file snapshot times are approximate and may vary slightly, and that "hourly" does not mean every hour on the hour.

The snapshot utility is not a general backup utility. The file servers take snapshots on a fixed schedule, so files that aren't captured in a snapshot cannot be recovered this way. This means that a file must exist for at least 4 hours to be included in a snapshot.

Snapshots are on a four-week "rolling" schedule, which means that you cannot use this utility to restore a version of a file more than four weeks old. If you need to backup data for more time, we suggest downloading and saving a copy to your computer via FTP.

Tip: There is no way to preview a snapshot before you restore it. To avoid overwriting an existing file with an incorrect version, we recommend that you rename your file as you restore it. After you review the file, you can restore it to its original name.

Included in the snapshot is all the files and the date it was altered and the file size, I then I can choose to restore it to a earlier date from the snapshot.

Does any one know what file I might look for to restore the database?

Thanks,

Guest marline

Why would you lose your database when you upgrade?

I don't know how I did it, I just know when I look at the database it shows just 1 product that is the test product.

Does any one know what file I need to look for, I had about seventy products, my uploaded photos are still there, my home page is still there but no catagories or inventory and my docs are gone to are there!