Meta Tag help for CCV3

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Okay, this is for CubeCart 3. I can understand the keywords form, Meta Keywords: (Comma Separated), but if I'm assuming I have to put HTML in the Meta Description dialog, it's all over. I have another web page to start off with, I just need to know what's expected of me in this area.

Is standard text ok? &/or what..

Copious examples much appreciated. emails welcome

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Standard text seperated by commas :)

Hi, thanks.

For the Keywords area, that seems easy, but I'm stumped for the Meta Description.

What do I use for the Meta Description in plain text? I hope someone follows me here.

I was hoping I could just copy & paste my Meta tags from some HTML of another page I own and modify.

I'm the king of cut & paste, (with slight of modication).

How does one write a Meta Description in plain text?

<meta name="resource-type" content="document">

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<meta name="robots" content="INDEX, FOLLOW"><META NAME="REVISIT-AFTER" CONTENT="5 DAYS">

<meta name="title" content="TITLE BLURB - Free STUFFAGE">

<meta name="keywords" content="blah, BLAH, blurb, STUFF, etc., ">

<meta name="distribution" content="Global">

<meta name="rating" content="GENERAL">

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Correct me if im wrong but it looks like you are attempting to do this on the documents rather than via your Admin CP? If you login to your CubeCart Admin, click on General Settings you can just put your tags and description in the boxes provided :)

No, I am in the Admin CP. I pasted standard HTML Meta Tags in my message, as an example, to get my point across. :) I don't know how to write a Meta Description in this box. Could you provide an example?

Here's the meta description of my site:

Buy vitamins, supplements, herbal and homeopathic remedies, passion boosters and aromatherapy on-line

Like Ansuk said, just plain text the software will put in the tag info

keywords like this:

discount vitamins,homeopathy,homeopathic remedies,Native Remedies,PMS Remedies,Kidney Remedies.increase libido,PetAlive,Just Relax, vitamins and supplements,heartworm medicine,vitamins for women,Gamma-0,gamma,revitacil,stress,nutrition resources,primal defense,whey protein,cardiac diet,7 day colon cleanse,antioxidants,prostate support,protein,aromatherapy,thanda,Ikawe,revivexxx,fertile xy,fertile xy

Guest www.orderiffic.com

Here's the meta description of my site:

Buy vitamins, supplements, herbal and homeopathic remedies, passion boosters and aromatherapy on-line

Like Ansuk said, just plain text the software will put in the tag info

keywords like this:

discount vitamins,homeopathy,homeopathic remedies,Native Remedies,PMS Remedies,Kidney Remedies.increase libido,PetAlive,Just Relax, vitamins and supplements,heartworm medicine,vitamins for women,Gamma-0,gamma,revitacil,stress,nutrition resources,primal defense,whey protein,cardiac diet,7 day colon cleanse,antioxidants,prostate support,protein,aromatherapy,thanda,Ikawe,revivexxx,fertile xy,fertile xy

Go figure.. :blink: I wasn't expecting it to be so simple. Thanks roban. And andi, I hope you don't think I was being "smart". Sometimes the day gets long. :unsure: Great product, bty I will be getting the licence.