Starting over with CC's latest version

Guest CorneroftheAttic

Guest CorneroftheAttic

What should I save in regards to product folders, image files, etc so that I can reload them onto the latest version if I can get it up and running again. I don't have any mods on the cart, just 189 products I don't wish to redo. If I save the folders with image files and the product folders etc, can I just replace those folders with my already used ones.

Really appreciate any help here please so I can get started with trying to get this version to work and our store back up and running...

Guest Denver Dave

Here is what I do:

(1) Make a backup of the cubecart database with phpMyAdmin

(2) FTP down to my local PC a complete copy of all the CubeCart files that my installartion is currently running

(3) Rename the cubecart directory on the server to something like xxcubecart

(3) Now upload the new files and run the upgrade program

I do have a few modifications and I want to return to the currently running old version is all does not go well. When it is time to upgrade to the next version I'll delete the old xxcubecart and repeat the process or I may delete it sooner if all is well and I haven't managed to damage my previous downloaded copy when I tried to reapply my mods.

Good luck.