I need Dedicated SSL Recommendations

Guest llchrisb

Guest llchrisb

Greetings,

I've setup Paypal Website Payments Pro, and it appears to be working correctly. My next step is to buy and setup a Dedicated SSL certificate so that I can offer better security for my customers. Naively, I was under the impression that SSL's were relatively cheap, but a quick look at verisign proved otherwise.

I'm hosting my site with **. If I provide them with the SSL, they charge $30 to install it. I also have the option of buying one through them for $75.00 with no installation charge.

Is there any reason that I shouldn't buy my SSL through my host? Are there any cheaper Certificate Authorities or resellers that I should consider?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

** I've edited the hosting company name, as I don't want this post to appear as an advertisement and subsequently contravene forum rules. Otherwise, I would have had to have deleted it. BRIVTECH.

Guest Brivtech

Sorry, I had to edit your post above (Reason given).

It seems a reasonable price, and yes, there are cheaper out there. Do check to see whether your host will be happy working with someone else's certificate.

Guest llchrisb

That's the option I'm going to be going with. After reading up on them, I don't want to deal with the hassle.

Thanks for the reply.

The advantage to buying it from your host (which I did) is the installation. Let them install it for you. I don't remember what I paid but it's worth it.