Monitoring visits to site?

I'm wondering...Is there a method by which I can see the IP numbers of visitors to my site, other than getting the Raw access logs from my Host Server? Is there any feature within Cube that does this?

Or, need I get a hit counter and install that, please? If so, is there any "tut," that tells how to do this, please? Any help appreciated.

You can join many counter programs for free. One of the good ones IMO is twatch. It's a bit more complicated to set up but there is good documentation. It needs database tables set up but that shouldn't be a problem for you. The install routine works well and you'll put a snippet of code into your index.tpl before the last </body> tag to track visitors. Google 'twatch' and let me know what you think.

Guest Scorpion

Do you want it viewable to only admins or all visitors if only admins add downlaod this and place the following code at the between the <head> & <body> tags in index.tpl

<?php include(".././admin/stats/counter.php"); ?>

Then simply upload index.tpl and the rest of the files downloaded to admin/stats, and then when you want to view your stats simpy visit your admin control panel -> view stats and it will be displayed.

Phil

Thx, Phil. Will this method let me see the vicitor/customer's IP, where they came from (meaning last webpage) and where they went when leaving my site? Maybe that stuff isn't totally necessary, but it would be nice to have, if needed.

Guest Scorpion

Are you storing your sites files in a sub directory?

To get IP Date Referer try using this little script i wrote a while back

<?php

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

// Ip Sniffer By Philip Baucutt													//

//[email protected]														//

//Please leave this message intact												 //

//																				 //

//To set this up simply add your email address in place of [email protected]	 //

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

$to = '[email protected]';  // The email address you want notifications sent to

// Do Not Edit Beyond this point

$headers = "Content-type: text/html \nFrom: Ip Mailer";

$iplogger = $_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'];

$date = date('l dS \of F Y h:i:s A');

$info = $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT'];

$referer = $_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'];

$page = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];

$body = "<center><h2>Visitor Information</center></h2>

IP Address = ".$iplogger." <br>

Date & Time = ".$date."<br>

Browser Info = ".$info."<br>

Referer = ".$referer."<br>

";

mail($to,$_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'],$body,$headers);

?>

Just paste this at the top of index.php and your problem should be sorted

Guest Scorpion

My apologies. I didnt see that script you wrote and included in previous response.

So, after I apply that script, I just login cube cp and view stats?

If u use the first script i posted login to the CP and click view stats and it will be at the bottom of the list.

If you use the second then it will email you everytime you get a visitor providing u have the correct email address where it is needed

I'm wondering...Is there a method by which I can see the IP numbers of visitors to my site, other than getting the Raw access logs from my Host Server? Is there any feature within Cube that does this?

Or, need I get a hit counter and install that, please? If so, is there any "tut," that tells how to do this, please? Any help appreciated.

I went and got StatCounter, its free and works like a charm, so far.

Thx, all!