Can home.inc file be left at 777

Guest Bindi

Hello

With the home.inc.php file in the languages folder.

language/en/home.inc.php

CAn this be left at 777 or does it need to be changed back to 644?

I have a user who has trouble changing the chmod of files when they want to edit the front page, which seems to be every week.

I installed the autoftp mod from cubecart.org, but they still have problems

CAn the home.inc.php file be left at 777 or will that cause other problems?

thanks

Ian

thanks for that,

they argue that they should be able to press save and it should save everything ok, they can't understand the reason to have to change permissions. They are not ftp or control panel savvy. And i don't want to have to change the chmod settings brfore and after they want to make any changes, i could be doing it daily.

thanks

Ian

thanks for that,

they argue that they should be able to press save and it should save everything ok, they can't understand the reason to have to change permissions. They are not ftp or control panel savvy. And i don't want to have to change the chmod settings brfore and after they want to make any changes, i could be doing it daily.

thanks

Ian

I totally agree with you and this is a server issue and not a Cube Cart issue. MY permissions on the file were set at 644 and I was able to edit with no problems while others have a problem. I suggest getting in touch with your host support and discuss this with them.