http 400 error after user login

Guest markky

Ok, I have spent quite a bit of time searching the forums for an answer to this one. I am using shared SSL and am getting a http 400 error after a returning customer logs in. If I refresh or go back then it shows the customer logged in. I know others have had this problem...but couldn't find a post with a fix. Help?

Guest Brivtech

400 Bad Request The request had bad syntax or was impossible to be satisified.

This normally means that the information sent by your web user's web page wasn't formed properly according to the protocol it was expecting, and therefore couldn't process the information because it didn't know what to do with it.

- Has this worked previously?

- Is the user using any special characters (includingt spaces) in the password or login name?

- Has this started happening since you set up your SSL?

- Have you made any modifications?

- Can we have a website address to go have a look?

Out of interest, are you running on an apache server, and if so, what version is it?

Ok, I am still stumped.

1) I just installed cube cart

2) The error only occurs when I am in SSL mode

3) I am using a shared SSL

4) Everything else works fine...I can make purchases, etc...

5) I don't have any modifications installed

So basically, if I log out, try to make a purchase...it will ask me to re-login. After I put in the user/pass I get the HTTP 400 error. If I refresh it says that I am already logged in.

When I searched the forums...I found several other people who had the exact problem. But, no one posted their solutions to this problem.

Still not working for me.

One thing I have noticed though. It only happens when you are trying to make a purchase when you are logged out and it asks you to log in. It doesn't happen when you actually click "log in".

Have you contacted your host about the shared ssl. By the way, no ecommerce site should be using shared ssl IMHO. My advice is to spring for the $40.00 a year (or so) and get a dedicated ssl and a private IP. Let your host install it for you.

You are in business so don't try to cut corners on the important things it just causes problems in every case I've seen. Then folks blame it on Cube Cart.