Simple Install for FrontPage ?

Guest Nanah

I am a non-techie, wannabe web designer grandma who works with Front Page 2000 to design websites for even less techie friends - usually of the senior persuasion. I am designing a website for an author in the Caribbean who needs a very simple shopping cart for two products. He will have a merchant account through his own bank in the Caribbean for Visa and MC. Prices will be in US Dollars; shipping will be flat fees for the Caribbean, Canada, USA, and "other," including Europe. I do not think taxes will apply for North America, but we are looking into whether VAT is necessary for Europe. The website has a host, and I will be adding an SSL certificate. I need a simple shopping cart that I can add to his website without having to understand HTML (though I can cut and paste if necessary and I'm shown where to do it). The website has access to a MySQL database, though none exists at present, and I'm not familiar with using MySQL. Is CubeCart what I'm looking for in a shopping cart? From what I've read so far, it seems to be. Many of the others I've looked at want to "give" me a free shopping cart, but I'd have to use their merchant accounts or hosting (neither of which is possible in this situation). I have no objection to paying or donating for a product that will meet my needs. I will be extremely grateful for any advice here. Thank you in advance for any assistance - and for those in the US .. Happy Thanksgiving.

Nana

As an addendum to ansuk's comments I would add that it is possible to create a site in Front Page (although Dreamweaver would be better) with links to your cart pages and in that way you can have your front page design as you want it. The problem with this approach is that when a link is clicked it takes you to a page that looks nothing like the original unless you are able to edit the Cube Cart files to look exactly like your html pages. Several people (including myself) have tried this and have always gone back to using Cube Cart as a stand alone product.