Why is text in my CC dark grey and not black?

Chargin

I have a customer who is being very picky about his site... One of his complaints is that the text is "fuzzy" and not as black as his old site. Hes right, the fonts on his store are all dark grey, not black. Black was the selected colour in fckeditor so whats up? Heres a good page to see it on, the price at the bottom is in a large font.

http://www.boat-brokers.com.au/index.php?a...mp;productId=13

I did a screen grab and checked it in photoshop and its definately not black. I had a look for font colours in the code, only saw 000000 and ffffff, black and white..

Guest Get IT Happening

Hi Chargin

I had a customer with the same problem recently except his text was light grey on white.

I finally worked out the problem though and instead of choosing black as the text colour he was choosing auto. The auto colour, which appears to be black seems to be controlled through the css (possibly txtDefault in the style.css file). Would be helpful if some one could clarify which line in the CSS controls this though.

Hope this helps.

Steve

AHA

Thanks I found it

.boxContent {

border-top: 0px solid #A8B4B0;

border-right: 0px solid #5E85CF;

border-bottom: 0px solid #5E85CF;

border-left: 0px solid #5E85CF;

padding: 3px;

font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 75%;

color: #000000; <-----this line was 333333

background-color: #FFFFFF;

margin-bottom: 5px;

I just search for the colour number, its in layout.css. Why does it default to dark grey is what Im wondering now..?