Time out problems

Okay a friends store has over 6000 products (nearly 7000) and a LOT of categories. She just upgraded to 3.0.14 from .9 and we are getting time out problems.

Fatal error; Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/animepag/public_html/classes/db.inc.php on line 71

is the error when we try to view products or add products in admin (this is at the bottom of the category drop down box).

Trying to figure out how to up the time limit to allow for slow connection, lots of cats, etc. but have been unable to figure out where cc is getting the 30 second limit.

Any ideas???

Its' only happening when we load the 200 or so categories in the backend (during view products and add product) which is why I think its in cubecart. Frontend is fine.

I've got a client with 3 times that many products and it's not been a problem. I'd love to know specifically which SQL statement is killing it. 30 seconds is a tremendous amount of time for a script to run. I'm guessing the server is overloaded and it's having a hard time doing much of anything properly....then you throw a couple of big queries at it and it can't take it.

Just my 2 cents.

:on2long:

I wish I knew. The only other thing that happened was during upgrading she got an error running the upgrade script from .11 - .12

MySQL Error Occured

1060: Duplicate column name 'failLevel'

QUERY = ALTER TABLE `CubeCart_admin_users` ADD `failLevel` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD `blockTime` INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ADD `lastTime` INT( 10 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';

I didn't think it was related.

That and the error in my first post that is showing up in the category drop down box are the only clues. Everything else seems to be working fine - the front end is unaffected. However she cannot add or edit products (and needs to) cuz it his this time out and doesnt display the rest of the page.

The site in question is www.animepagoda.com if that helps at all :on2long: She is also hosted at midphase which is where all my sites are and I've never encountered this problem, which is why I thought it might have something to do with how many categories she has - she has like 3 times more categories than my biggest site. It seems to be the script that reads the category array in that is having the time out issue.

I'm the one that is having problems with the above site. Now I can't even access the view/add products no matter how many times I refresh the page or clickon the view add product links.

The the page hangs or I just get a blank screen with this at the top

Product Inventory

Below is a list of all the current products in the database.

with the drop down box of all catetgories.

before i upgraded to .14 I did do a backup of all my files including the DB my question is.

Can i dump .14 and go back to .9(my backup files) without damaging the site?

also these were the other error messages that i didnt get a chance to tell Mysty about

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/animepag/public_html/includes/functions.inc.php on line 243

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /home/animepag/public_html/admin/products/index.php on line 425

any help would be appreciated

@pagoda

This issue is NOT product count related but categories count. It seems server resources are weak.

Function caused such issue is categories count dependent as well but few seconds NOT half a minute.

I tested 2500 categories in 6 levels, took 2-4 seconds (related to available resources) on some hosting co. public server.

BTW "issued" function (whole routine) is almost the same since 3.0.4 and the same since 3.0.6. The source of issue is somewhere else.

Some paranoid / strong setting of SQL engine causes neverending troubles.