Adding Category Description

Guest groaningeek

Guest groaningeek

Hello,

I would like to add a category description under the category name on the category page. I was able to add some static text by altering content/viewCat.tpl. How would I go about bringing in description text for each particular category?

I saw the forum posts that refer to the mod that adds something similar and is included in the admin area, but would rather not use the mod since since the copy won't change often, and I can just as easily edit code(if I new where to put it).

I am somewhat familiar with PHP(non-object oriented), and thought I could write some code to insert category descriptions if I knew where to put it. Apparently I can't use php in the viewCat.tpl file.

Any ideas?

Well, mods are FREE or COMMERCIAL. As far as I know there are 3 mods doing exatcly what you are after - 2 free and one commercial.

Any MOD has an installation notice, free mod package is mostly a text file HOW TO MODIFY.

Just download free mod(s) (free means NO payment) to see how the mod writter did it. The side efect is you will see what files are modified :rolleyes:

One free mod and commercial you find in cubecart.org forums. Second free mod you find if you ask me, we are not allowed to post link to 3rd Party sites. ;)