Newsletter Unsubscribe?

Guest paisleydragon

Guest paisleydragon

The join newsletter sidebox allows customers to add their email address without creating an account, but it appears that the only way to unsubscribe is through an account. Is this correct?

How do I provide an unsubscribe link to my newletters for customers who haven't created an account- it's pretty much a requirement these days...

TIA

Until you get a formal answer, one thing you can do is to instruct your subscribers to email you when they want to be removed from the list, but you'd have to do it manually when that happens. Hopefully, it will be rarely, so the extra work won't be overwhelming.

Another thing you can do is to set up a separate email account for removals (such as [email protected]) and include a link at the bottom of your mailings that send an email to that address. This will let your subscribers click a link and hit the Send button to get off your list with no other involvement.

But I agree, an automated means of removal is the best, and should be in place anyways to process bounced messages. This is why I use another script to handle my mailings, one that has all these features.

Guest paisleydragon

Thanks, Alan, the remove address is a great idea. I have a robust mailing script but would love to just keep things simple and be able to handle it all from CC. Any little bit of time I can whittle off my routines is much appreciated!

In Admin... go to 'Email Customers' > 'Send email'. You will see the link there which you can add to your newsletters to unsubscribe.

It's basically... 'www.yourdomain.com/index.php?act=unsubscribe'

Hmmm. Must have missed that or forgotten about it. Thanks for the reminder.

BTW - does CC have the ability to auto remove subscribers after a number of bounces? Or does it give us the ability to personalize the emails going out, addressing each subscriber by name and things like that?

These are also important features when sending out bulk emails.

Just a notation for future reference.

Guest paisleydragon

Wow- I took a look at what happens to my beautious html newsletter if the customer signed up for plain text email... I'll be using my subpro script! Knowing that I can export a current list from CC is huge, thanks again for your help.