Shared SSL and infinite loop

I think I've found all the many posts on this topic but have yet to find a solution but I've come close. Has anyone successfully implemented cubecart with a shared SSL certificate?

• 5 weeks later...

Guest techbuzz

I think I've found all the many posts on this topic but have yet to find a solution but I've come close. Has anyone successfully implemented cubecart with a shared SSL certificate?

You and me both... lots of post reading, no solution. As for me, I'm hosted at Media Temple, get the "redirecting error" wish ssl enabled. Would also like to see an answer to this... anyone successfully using cubecart with a shared SSL certificate?

Guest eknudtson

techbuzz, I'm on media temple as well! I am not using the shared certificate, we bought one and are using it successfully on a subdomain: (shop.mydomain.com) My error is now different, but continues to be a problem with redirects. We've got to solve this!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest menubucket

How about cubecart fixes it - why does the community need to deal with this. There is no less than a dozen topics on this with no solution. Most people are not going to buy into a dedicated thawt orother SSL cert. HOsting is cheap, the cart is free... I guess you get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with a private certificate. As cmc_entertainment said, you can get pretty cheap certificates online. You can buy RapidSSL certificates for $15. You'll need a dedicated IP address (usually $1 or $2 per month). Remember that if you use a shared SSL, visitors will get those horrible warning messages.

• 3 months later...
Guest 88Digital

Not sure if this was answered by another post somewhere in the forum. But, I have my Shared SSL working on a test site.

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store:

e.g. /store/ (Include Trailing Slash)

/~wangyi/store/

Absolute SECURE URL to store:

e.g. https://secure.domain.com/store (Excluding Trailing Slash) https://secure217.websitewelcome.com/~wangyi/store

CubeCart: 3.0.17

Seems to be working fine.

www.fortune998.com

Note: Im on a linux server.

I will leave the site running for a few weeks if someone wants to test it. Till Feb 8th...then i will delete the site.

I hope this helps someone :)