updating using the "Changelog"

Guest Angelina

Guest Angelina

Hi

In version 13 I found this file 3.0.12 to 3.0.13 Changelog.html in the changelog directory.

Are these all the changes that I need to implement on my CC12 to upgrade to CC13?

Furthermore, there is mention of two files, func_https_libcurl.php  and transfer.inc.php with no further info. Does this mean I don't have to do anything with those files?

I hope someone can answer my questions, as I'm afraid to start off with a lot of work and ending up doing the wrong thing!

Angelina

Hi

In version 13 I found this file 3.0.12 to 3.0.13 Changelog.html in the changelog directory.

Are these all the changes that I need to implement on my CC12 to upgrade to CC13?

Furthermore, there is mention of two files, func_https_libcurl.php  and transfer.inc.php with no further info. Does this mean I don't have to do anything with those files?

I hope someone can answer my questions, as I'm afraid to start off with a lot of work and ending up doing the wrong thing!

Angelina

Yes those are changes applied to version 13.

If you are unsure of whether a file has been changed between versions, use WinMerge to compare the contents of the different versions.

Hi Robsta,

Thanks for your reply! Guess I got work to do then (Man, that list is long!)

Angelina

If you've not modded that file, you can just upload the newer version of the file rather than only applying the changes in the code to the current untouched file. Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, I have a habbit in doing that sometimes.

Guest Angelina

Hi Robsta,

haha, thanks for the tip anyways :w00t:

I wished I could just feed all the files into Winmerge and let the thing go BEEP when it finds a change/difference.

BTW I asked another question about this at another topic which is sort of the same.

In case you haven't seen it, I'll paste it here as well.

Know I'm confused :) I thought changing all the files that are in the changelog would be the entire upgrade. But I understand I have to do something else as well?

"Only the database remains to be upgraded" What does that mean? Makes me feel really thick for having to ask :w00t: Thing is I usually can do all the changes and mods, but that doesn't mean that I understand what php etc is all about. I just follow instructions and use my brain but to be honest, I know nothing about the structure of a database at all.

So if changing and uploading all the files in the Changelog is not the same as upgrading the database, can you please tell me how I do that?

Angelina

There are two parts to a store. The files that make it work, and the data store that stores the information.... files and database.

The changelog relates to the files. The upgrade.php get's uploaded to the hosting server, run in the browser to upgrade the mysql database.

Guest Angelina

Hi Robsta,

Thank you for your reply! All clear now <_<

I started a PHP tutorial last week as I got somewhat annoyed by not knowing/understanding. Found a great tut. in Dutch, happily made my first PHP script (no it didn't say "Hello world!" :angry: ). Then the lesson was done and the guy apparently never made more. Major disappointment set in, hahaha.

Stupid thing is that most basic tut. aren't suitable for ppl who really know nothing of PHP, meaning they're completely useless in my case.

But I'm off-topiccing I guess. :sourcerer:

Thank for explaining!

Angelina