Adding additional pages to Site Docs

aPoLLo

Hi guys and gals.

I haven't had any luck searching for this issue in the forum so I thought I'd give it a crack here. I apologise in advance if I have missed it.

Is it possible to add a second, third, fourth etc page to the Sitedoc links?

I have a tips and tricks page as a Sitedoc however I would like to add pages to this particular Sitedoc. It looks terribly out of place since some of the articles are quite lengthy and hence I would like some articles to span 2 or more pages.

Is this possible to do and if so could someone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance.

aPoLLo ;)

Guest Brivtech

Try this:

Create the normal sitedoc page, and load that finished page into a web page editor (I would suggest Frontpage or Dreamweaver for this). You can sometimes do this, by dragging the bookmark icon straight into the editor.

Make sure you check any image links contained within the page, and ensure they are pointing at the correct location of the image files on the web server.

This will give you the page template that you can use to create additional pages. Simply edit the content with that of the additional pages.

Add in page numbers or back and next links, linking to new pages, previous pages, and of course, the original parent sitedoc page.

Then, upload the saved additional pages into a folder on your webserver, and have the parent sitedoc page link to the new page.

This method is minimal in programming. unfortunately, I'm not aware of any way that CC can do this as standard, without creating new actual sitedocs.

Thank you for your response Brivtech.

I am not what you would call a guru on web design or PHP so can you please explain what you mean by 'You can sometimes do this, by dragging the bookmark icon straight into the editor." ?

I do use Dreamweaver and know my way around that however I am a little lost about creating a template.

Do I create the sitedoc inside of FCKeditor and then copy the source code into Dreamweaver?

I would like to keep the rest of the site looking consistent (with boxes, language, products etc).

Your input is much appreciated to this point however some clarification for "dummies" would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

aPoLLo :)

Guest Brivtech

Thank you for your response Brivtech.

I am not what you would call a guru on web design or PHP so can you please explain what you mean by 'You can sometimes do this, by dragging the bookmark icon straight into the editor." ?

I do use Dreamweaver and know my way around that however I am a little lost about creating a template.

Do I create the sitedoc inside of FCKeditor and then copy the source code into Dreamweaver?

I would like to keep the rest of the site looking consistent (with boxes, language, products etc).

Your input is much appreciated to this point however some clarification for "dummies" would be great help.

Thanks in advance.

aPoLLo :)

Firstly, I deleted Meow Meow's link because it contravenes forum advertising rules.

Apparently, there is something available at cubecart.org, so have a look there.

Further clarification as requested:

- Make a new sitedoc in CuebCart, save it and open it in a web browser (I'm using Firefox here).

- With Dreamweaver, open a new HTML document.

- Back to the web browser, go to EDIT, then SELECT ALL.

- Now click EDIT then COPY.

- Back to Dreamweaver, and click on the web page layout window (They call this the design window).

- Click EDIT then PASTE.

- You may get a popup appearing about image descriptions. Simply click cancel to this.

Hey Presto, your web page appears as a ready-to-edit page template.

For each page, save it as a different name, and upload it to your web-server in a folder that's easily accessible. Go back into CC and edit the sitedoc, adding in the URL of the additional page that you have uploaded to the server.

Hope that's clear enough.

Guest Meow Meow

Brivtech -

Perhaps, you should check out the link prior to deleting it. It was NOT an advertising link. It was a link to a pinned post at Cubecart.org related to "Site doc".

It was helpful in offering an alternative solution for what was inquired in addition to your offered direction.

Regards.