Cubecart in dreamweaver

Guest haggis0

Guest haggis0

I am trying to make a websiote where I am going to sell t-shirts. I have made it in dreamweaver, but I don't know how to make the shopping cart etc. I tried downloading cubecart, but I have no idea how to use it. I also have some questions about shopping carts in general.

First of all, what is MySLQ, and why do I need. How can I get it and how do I use it?

How do I get shoppingvcart in to dreamweaver and connect it with my site? I have read the "read me" file, but I didn't find it very helpful.

If anyone knows of a tutorial that shows how to make a website with a shoppingcart step by step in dreamweaver I would to know about it.

Guest dpage44

I am trying to make a websiote where I am going to sell t-shirts. I have made it in dreamweaver, but I don't know how to make the shopping cart etc.

Kudos to making a shop in dreamweaver. It's not the most intuitive program to learn.

First of all, what is MySLQ, and why do I need. How can I get it and how do I use it?

Its MySQL and it's a database program. It's free and you can find it here. It is used most commonly with PHP which is a scripting language. It is free and can be found here. These have to run on a server, the easiest to set up is Apache. It is free and found here. The final ingredient is a GUI to manipulate MySql and the most common is phpMyAdmin. Its free and you can find it here. You need all these elements to use a program like CubeCart. You can set up a test environment up on your local computer. The best book I have read on the subject is Foundation: PHP for Dreamweaver 8 by David Powers. It will take a complete newbie and walk you thru the steps installing the above programs, plus using Dreamweaver 8 with dynamic sites. Then you can install CubeCart and unleash the power of a dynamic, php driven website. You will never go back to a static store.

How do I get shoppingvcart in to dreamweaver and connect it with my site? I have read the "read me" file, but I didn't find it very helpful.

If anyone knows of a tutorial that shows how to make a website with a shoppingcart step by step in dreamweaver I would to know about it.

You can't take the static store you built and hook it up to CubeCart. There is a learning curve teaching yourself to use MySql, PHP,Apache, and phpMyAdmin, but you have learned Dreamweaver so the task is not impossible for you. There is always the Dreamweaver developer center. I've seen shopping cart extensions for sale there.

I hope you learn the programs. Your efforts will be greatly rewarded

With sincere respect, and with no offense intended, there an old joke about a child who comes home from KinderGarten one day and asks, "Mommy, where did I come from?"

Mom has been ready for this intimate moment. She has studied highly recommended books about building trust through integrity and candor. She tells her little girl about the beauty and sacredness of the gift of life. About the love of mommies and daddies. When she's finished 30 intense and fact-filled minutes later, everything has been fully explained in carefully clinical detail.

But, seeing a strange look on her little girl's face, she ends up with, "Now sweetheart, do you have any questions?"

"No, Mommy. But my new best friend in school is going to be surprised. She said today that she comes from Philadelphia and she wanted to know where I came from. I can't wait to tell her. '"

Moral: when asked a simple question, consider that a simple answer would be best.

If your hosting company offers a control panel that included Fantastico, CubeCart is already installed on the server. All you need do is activate it, do some customizing and add products.

Simple.

CubeCart is a totally self-contained Shopping Cart program written in PHP code and using a database called MySQL. The code defines the pages. The database manages the products and the ordering process all the way to checking out and paying with a credit card or PayPal.

This web site has some excellent video tutorials that supplement the written docs on how to install and customize CubeCart. Just look above, click on the word "Support." The videos and docs are there.

You can use a regular web site, created in DreamWeaver or FrontPage or plain old hand-coded HTML, as portal pages - or you can install CubeCart all by itself, without Dreamweaver or anything else as a "front end." When you do that, the customer goes directly to your store, without delay.

Again, simple.