NOCHEX

NOCHEX

Looking at them for my UK site

Any good or are they bad

All posts welcome

Oh will not use paypal as the payment page gets them to reg... which will put of people

We use nochex - found . Cheaper than paypal, but still a little pricey.

Customer not having to register to pay is good, had one or two not continue at the payment stage, who I suspect were put off when they were re-directed to nochex, but we have just clarified things a bit on the front page and had no failures at that stage since.

Also, on payment drop down list, changed from nochex to "Credit/Debit card payment (via nochex)"

Since there is so little choice anyway, seems best option to me.

Thanks alot for the post plus the advice about changing the payment lable

To me they seem ok and better than paypal although th £99 limit is a bit off

Thanks again

Nochex are fine, but it does put some people off when they get sent there, so a notice on the frontpage of the site explainging things is a good idea.

The £99.00 limit is there because you signed up for a Personal Account!!

You would have been better signing up for a Seller account (Sole trader)

This is much better for you and your customers as you account will never be full!

You account being full will give you big headaches!! Customers won't be able to send you anymore money and you will have to keep login in and withdrawing the funds so someone can pay. This will cost you orders in the long run.

:)

Hi,

Thanx for the advice about changing that text. Think it may have put customers off so have amended it myself now. Most of mine have gone for postal option and sent cheques.

I offer Paypal not through choice as I have heard some bad stories but in an attempt to be user friendly as I realise most people want to pay by card.

Also use FastPay and PPPay but cannot figure out how to add them as Gateways. Any one able to help on that?

• 4 weeks later...

following up on this rather that posting a new thread...

we've been having quite a few customers aborting at the payment stage recently (having opted for our default preferred option of nochex). There have been two dates where the nochex site was down in the last 3 weeks (losing at 2 or 3 customers each of those days), and we seem to be getting more and more customers aborting at the nochex payment stage of late (almost one per day this week).

We emailed nochex last week regarding their downtime and received a very unsympathetic response.

As far as customers aborting is concerned, it isn't surprising considering the warnings etc. they give on their front page.

The one thing I have considered to combat this problem is an intermediate page between confirming the order and the order being secured describing the nochex procedure in more detail, but I don't want to mess about with this area of the cart too much and besides it may be counter-productive.

So, I am unhappy with nochex, but I cannot seem to find a viable alternative (fastpay wont interface at the moment?, worldpay far too expensive?)... At the moment losing about 10% (and rising) of my orders at the nochex payment stage... :):):)

Any opinions welcome...

Sorry to hear you problems but Im seem to be having the same

Although a new site I am running at 14% !!!!

If you visit the forum they have you will see a long thread asking for the payment screen to be changed but I think it 4 weeks and no reply

I have no problems with them when someone does go through them but if every site is having the same problem how much money are they loosing as well