Categories Advice Please

Guest offthehook

Guest offthehook

I am modifying a current store and would like to set it up as per follows.

The store would contain departments, which we will tab horizontally. In each department you can view in a menu listing the products in that department by Type, Brand and by Price Range (eg £0.00 to £5.00, £5.01 to £10.00 etc.). Subsequently these menu options would also be the same on the product pages.

Having done some searching I have concluded that the 'Subcategories in Sidebox' mod will achieve the menu listing by Type as I can add sub categories to the top level category.

Regarding listing brands I am unsure exactly which of two mods I have seen will give me what I require. There is the 'Brands & Manufacturers' mod and the 'Premium Edition Manufacturers' Mod. I would prefer to have an css list menu rather than a drop down box which the former does not appear to do, however the latter does but it may only appear on the homepage. If anyone has used either I would be grateful for advice as to which would work for me.

As a reference point have a look at the Argos (UK) website, it is almost exactly the type of thing I am after.

Now on to price range filtering. I cannot see anyone having implemented this so far in cubecart (after a day of searching), though it would appear to be a very important marketing tool for most of the big shop sites. Can anyone help on this one?