domain issues

Guest gromit

Guest gromit

Hi

I orginally developed this site bridys under an alias of bridys.furzetech.co.uk and have now removed the alias.

its mainly when you click on the homepage when in https bridys cart

The issue is that when i am in certain pages the homepage and some other are trying to find the alias address not the real domain name.

does anyone know of a way to tweak the database to remove any references to the old alias, or is it more complex than that

thanks in advance for your help

Guest Sierra Dynamic

I don't see or at least am unable to reproduce your problem as your explaining it. I tried about every link at your site I could find and no matter what I did it I was always able to use your homepage link to get back to

http://www.bridys.co.uk/index.php

Are you sure its not maybe just a problem on your end like your ISP caching pages to make your connection speed seem faster, or your own browser cache or router cache if your using a router. You can try clearing your cache and see if you still have the problem, but like I said, it all seemed to be working correctly when I tried it.

I too was not able to reproduce your problem. I too suspect it is a caching issue.

But I did see another display issue that is screen-resolution dependent. I suspect you are using a high res setting on your monitor and that masks the problem so you are not seeing it

When viewed in 800 by 600 res, the length of the line Site Docs links causes a left / right scroll. Normally, the Legend skin, which is what you are using, behaves itself at various resolutions, which is why it it is my first choice.

To give all users, regardless of screen res, the same experience, you could double the line of links, or use Markcart's mod tutorial to move some or all of the Site Docs into a box.

Either method would fix the problem.

FWIW, I wish your site had been around whilst I was cycling through a series of disappointing brides. Just showing them the site before the nuptials and noting their reaction - or lack of one - might have been cautionary to the point of prevention.

Guest gromit

Hi

thanks for looking. i had a chat with the support guys of the webspace i use and they found a stray reference to the old alias and changed it accordingly, i am trying to get hold of the info on what file they changed, this was done last night

thanks again